Wednesday 15 June 2016

Day 8 - At Poolewe

Tuesday 7th June
We decided to stay at this lovely location for a second night. After a breakfast of bacon and egg, I set off for a walk while Lyn took Button down to the beach. My walk was a little disappointing as I had to stick mostly on the road. The views and the weather were both very good though.
Firemore Beach. The view from our pitch.

After lunch we realised that we were low on drinking water and that the cassette toilet was nearly full. I drove Morag the six miles to Poolewe where I bought a 2 litre bottle of water and some supplies from the shop. I was also able to empty the cassette in the public loo.
On arriving back in the camping area I found that another motorhome and arrived very close to the spot we had been using. This despite leaving out the picnic table and chairs and leaving Lyn and button behind. We came to an amicable agreement; they moved a little further away and we move across a little from our previous spot.
Evening beach play with Button

Got it!


During the evening it started to cloud over and eventually started to rain. It rained for about 30 minutes – the first poor weather we had seen since leaving home. Nevertheless Lyn was able to take Button for her evening walk before we retired for the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment